Wednesday, July 28, 2010

We all do stupid things, right?

Not sure what I was thinking when I did it but I did it anyway. What was it you ask? I got a tattoo. Now before you go and cuss me out or think less of me know I already have done this to myself. It wasn't a drunken moment with friends or something done on a whim, it is something I have been thinking about for quite some time. I am happy with what I got, all of verse 1 of Psalm 23 and part of verse 4. This is my favorite verse of the Bible and means a great deal to me. I knew it would be permanent so I didn't want to get something I would ashamed to have on my body. I got it in an inconspicuous spot that most people will ever see.

I have heard from friends and family "why would you want to do that?" I just laugh and say it is cheaper then a new truck and way better for me and my family then an affair. I don't know the truthful answer to why I wanted one or went thru with it. I could call it a midlife crisis or just a bad judgement call, I don't know why. All I can say is it is a decision I made and I have to live with. There will be no pictures here sorry, here is what I got though.

Psalm 23:1 - The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
23:4 - Yea though I walk through the valley of the of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;

1 comments:

Mark Richards said...

No judgement from me at all. The big question is...does your wife know yet? Hope she likes it also.