Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ten years?

Ten years used to seem like such a long time to me. I thought who am I going to be, what am I going to do, how will life have changed? Maybe it's because I am getting older or maybe it is because of life experience but ten years doesn't seem like that long of time anymore. After having my first daughter 10 years ago yesterday I cannot believe how fast the time flies by. It seems like she was just this little girl who needed my wife and I for everything. She needed us to feed her, bath her, help her get dressed and care for her every need.

Now she has grown and became more independent. She doesn't need us like she used to, well she does but just in different ways. She needs us when she has a rough day at school when the other kids have been mean. She needs us when she is stressed about homework. She needs us to take her back and forth from dance class and horse riding lessons. She needs us to teach her about God and how to treat others. We still have so many things to teach her and things she still needs. These are all great things to be needed for but its not at all like when she was little. She is only 10 but I see the young lady she is turning into already. She is so smart and mature, she makes me proud all the time. Soon she will be a teenager and I will be reflecting back on her 10th birthday and thinking "wouldn't it be nice if she needed me like she did then?"

Cutie Pie you are growing up much to fast for my liking. I am sorry I have not been there as much as I would've liked to be. I am sorry for all the things I miss because of work and sleep. Please know I am doing these things for you, your sister and your mother. I would so much like to be more of you life. Just know you and your sister are everything to me. Even if I don't always show it like I should or say the things I should, you are!

I love you Cutie Pie.

0 comments: