Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mile Stones Reached - Reflections On the Past - Future Pondered

According to many people tomorrow is a big day for me. See I am going from one decade in my life to another. Many see this as a transition or a sad time but for me it is just another day. I really don't feel any older, not sure if I have gained that expected wisdom that comes with age and still feel I have a lot of life ahead of me. Maybe I should give it more thought and reflection. Maybe it is bigger then I am giving it credit for. But I truly think a person is only as old as they feel and allow themselves to act. Later if time allows I will probably take some time tonight and look back at what I have accomplished, opportunities missed and conquered and ponder what the future holds.

For me, as I make the transition from thirties and into my forties, I remember probably the best decade of my life. I have seen my daughters born, grow and mature. I have spent some wonderful time with my wife. My career has been good and I am blessed to have a job continually throughout it. I have worked my way thru college, with only to 5 credit hours to finish (which will be done in March), and I will have my bachelors degree. I have thoroughly  enjoyed my 30's and I am really looking forward to what my 40's bring.

So I would like to say thanks to my wonderful family for making my life so joyous and showing me how truly blessed I am. Thanks to all the friends, old and new, who have told me straight and supported me when I needed it most. Thanks especially to God for all the gifts and blessings I have. 

1 comments:

. said...

you are one of the gentlemen of this world and you are a rare gem... thank you for being part of this craziness we call life... looking forward to seeing you enjoy your 40s... i must admit i am enjoying my 40s... so far, have 9 more years to get through yet :)