Friday, May 7, 2010

HTC Incredible is, well incredible!

After an extra day of waiting due to the floods in Tennessee my HTC Incredible came via FedEx late Thursday afternoon. First I would like to say my prayers go out to those affected by the floods. Second I would like to say I am ashamed that I was a little upset that I had to wait an extra day. What those poor folks are going thru is nothing compared to me waiting for said phone.

I woke up and my oldest daughter knowing how I was anticipating the arrival hid it from me. She left notes all around the house; in the mail pile, on the kitchen table, on the T.V., in the refrigerator and on the couch telling me where to go to find it. The last one was very cryptic and made me think far longer then it should have. Remember I had just woken up so was still a bit groggy but I just couldn't figure out the last clue. Finally my dense brain got around what she was saying and I knew where she had hidden it.Out witted by an almost 10 year old, I am both proud (of her) and ashamed (of myself). -MORE-


So I got it out of the box, did the guy thing and skimmed the directions. I applied the screen protector and plugged it into the wall to charge (one thing I actually listened to in the directions). I waited until the little LED turned green and it the power button. The 1Ghz processor came to life and the phone lit up like beautiful picture viewer. I was running late for work so I didn't have time to get it activated. I got to work, made sure everything was both hunky and dory and set out learning about the new technological marvel.

Between helping out the employees I did some reading and got the phone to the point it was ready to go. I went thru the steps to activate it and got "were sorry your call is being transfered to blah blah blah." WHAT!!!!!! How can this be happening? I did everything right, I waited almost patiently and now it won't activate. So I spend my first break on the phone with tech support finding out what went wrong. Come to find out since I bought it in the store and had it shipped to my house the legal mumbo jumbo paperwork had not been processed yet. So after working with the guy, who was very polite, we finally figured out I did not steal the phone and was not trying to activate it under someone else's name.

I now set out to make this bad boy my own. And I think I have done a fairly good job of screwing it up so far. I will keep you updated on the progress/fun I am having. I will be asking for advice and tips. Any and all constructive help is appreciated.

0 comments: